The holiday has come and gone and you barely remember the night let alone the history behind it all. So for brevity purposes….
The History: A brief history. Many already may already know that American Independence Day is celebrated on the Fourth of July every year. You know the day that a large percentage of your paycheck is spent on letting go of your inner pyro! I’m pretty sure we all have one. The history; Independence Day dates back to July 4, 1776. This day represents the day we recognize the founding fathers #yourdadsbritish, the signing of the Declaration of Independence, and the birth of the United States of America as an independent nation.
What you may not know:
- Actually signed on the 2nd of July (or so they say)
- Both Thomas J. & John Adams (signee’s) died on July 4th of July
- James Monroe also died on the 4th, while Calvin Coolidge was born on this day
- 1870 Federal Courts made it an unpaid holiday
- 1938 Becomes a paid holiday
Summary/Key Words: American Revolution, legal separation, 13 Colonies, Great Britian, Continental Congress, Independence, 5 Guys (TJ, JA, BF, and 2 dudes),
What did you do this 4th? Guest blog a military related topic! Send me an email with your idea.